Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rough few days

It's been a rough few days emotionally!

I've been trying to process the possibility that I it may not be in my best interest to attempt a VBAC. There is little to no information online regarding vaginal birth after a cesarean which occurred in the second stage of labor (pushing). Being the type who needs information to process and come to a decision, I have let the OB office staff know I would like whatever information the OB can give me. Hopefully he will provide me with information regarding the benefits and possible complications from a VBAC (specifically in cases such as mine), a repeat cesarean (RCS), and a Cesarean after failed VBAC in addition to studies and research regarding VBAC in cases such as mine.

In addition to that information request, I picked up the records the office had from B's birth (discharge summary and operative report). It has had some insight in it. I made more progress then I recalled. I don't have any of the "damning" diagnosis (ones that are contraindicated for VBAC). Both B and I were healthy and tolerated labor and the CS well.

It really appears to me that it was a case of my exhaustion more than anything else. From what I have been able to read and find, I hope that there are things I can do to improve my chance of being successful at a VBAC.

And, I think most comforting, Sandra is going to join us for labor to help me be strong and support me.

In addition to all of this processing/emotional thinking...I failed my 1 hour glucose test. Now I have to go in and do a 3 hour glucose test (actually takes 4 hours). I have scheduled for B to go into preschool early on Friday so I can make it to the lab early enough. Luckily, most women who fail the one hour test will pass the 3 hour. I'm hoping I am in that group! Fingers crossed!

No comments: