Thursday, March 10, 2011

Update

Just a few quick updates on how things are going:

I passed my 3 hour glucose tolerance test (yay). Big relief to not have to make major dietary changes and do the qid blood tests.

An amazing friend, who is also a doula, has offered her services as a gift. I am beyond grateful and looking forward to having her join our birthing team. Her knowledge has already helped calm me in countless ways!

I had my first chiropractor visit on Wednesday. I have several friends that swear by the relief they get from their chiropractors and from what I have read, it can help with a successful (and quicker) vaginal birth. I am happy with the chiropractor and feel a lesser amount of pain and discomfort (some of which I hadn't even realized I had until it was gone). I will see him once a week, unless things are going very well or it is necessary to increase the frequency. I was happily surprised to find out that our insurance covers 20 chiropractor visits annually. Hooray!

Now for a few busy/crazy weeks. B's birthday party is Sunday and his 3rd birthday is Wednesday (how did that happen?) Our next OB appt. is 3/25.

No comments: