Thursday, May 5, 2011

35 week OB appt.

Another quick easy appointment. Not at all what I expected since OB is going on vacation tomorrow (my usual visit day) and so B was at the appointment with me. He did awesome! I brought his Leapster (thanks Aunt Elysha for an awesome B-day gift!) and he played it and sat nicely in the chair without getting into everything in the office. Much more relaxed then I expected.

The office scale showed an increase of 6 lbs. in the last 2 weeks, but I am pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I had drank about a liter and a half of water before the appt. I had my last personal training appointment before Junebug comes and was VERY thirsty! I weighed myself at the gym before I showered (after working out) and I had gained only 3 lbs.

The doctor is happy with our progress. He looked at me as then at the chart and said he was surprised I am almost at 35 weeks. He would guess 26 or 27 based on my belly size. I find this funny, since last visit based on my fundal measurement he commented that I was having a big baby.

The best part of the appointment is after the doctor listened to the Bug's heartbeat with the doppler, B put down his Leapster, lifted his shirt and said "Me next!" It was adorable! I asked if he had a baby in his belly so we could listen to it's heartbeat and he giggled. It was awesome! It was a really special appointment having him there with me especially since he did such a good job listening and following directions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Outstanding! I'm a proud Auntie!